Whether it's hot or cold outside, it's important to protect your convertible
top from the elements, and there are several ways to achieve this. Begin with
proper maintenance, which is key to keeping your car in good condition,
regardless of whether your convertible top is cloth or vinyl.
Today we are going to go over how to clean a canvas convertible top.
- Remove as much of the dirt particles pine needles and sap as possible. Make
sure to use a soft bristle brush on a dry top to remove the many things that
have stuck on top, try not to over brush.
- Use a mild soap and water while cleaning your convertible top, this is a
safe way to go. Be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Allow top to dry completely.
- Apply the necessary protectants to lengthen the life of your convertible
top. This will help to repel the water and make it look good.
**Our product that we recommend is 'RAGG Topp' Convertible Top Care Kit. It
comes with a Cleaner and Protectant.**
convertible top regularly. It's recommended that you clean your convertible top
at least once every 4 weeks to keep dirt from sinking into the
- Avoid washing your top in direct sunlight
- Always wash your convertible top all at once rather than washing in spots,
as this may cause certain areas of the top to be discolored.
washing your convertible top with common household cleaners such as bleach,
which can cause the fabric or vinyl to deteriorate.