what questions should I be asking, what should I be looking for and how do I get
the best deal. Well, this is what we hope to answer so whether you choose Young’s Upholstery
or one of our competitors you’ll know you made an informed choice.
1. Mobile upholsterer’s literally come and go. Don't be left unable to contact a “professional” because he’s rolled his shop up and out.
2. Since your vehicle matters, consider where your going to leave it for a job. Is it somewhere you feel good about? Is the shop insured? Is the shop clean? Is the location safe? Were the people there knowledgeable?
3. If left overnight will it be parked inside or left outside?
4. Find out how the shop will do a repair. For instance, if there’s a hole worn into the seat will they
be replacing the material or just trying to patch it up? Will they rebuild any foam while doing the repair as well as any spring work?
5. What is the quality of the materials being used to replace or repair your vehicle?
6. Is the pricing you received in line with other estimates you’ve received?
7. Have you heard of this shop before? What kind of reputation do they have?
8. Have others in the automotive industry used this shop? Do they make referrals to
them? Check with your mechanic, body shop, or local dealership.
9. Were all the options explored and explained or were you just told a price and left in the
dark about the hows, whats and whys?
10. REMEMBER, Cheaper is not always less expensive in the long run.